Thursday, April 21, 2011

An Afternoon at DongTai Lu

Yesterday I went with a friend to help her bargain for some treasures on one of my favorite streets - DongTai Lu. I found an accurate description at Time.com: "A chockablock stretch of antiques and curio shops." Of course, I wouldn't bet all my money that all the treasures are true 'antiques,' but it's one of my favorite picture-taking spots. Here are a few shots I captured!

Two bike repair men playing games while waiting on customers..


I enjoyed chatting with this cuties mom... and finally got him to crack a smile :)


These old lights hanging above reminded me of my Mimi and Pop :)

It's crazy that now having a baby, all the 'kids things' catch my eye!




Tea, anyone?!

Had a nice time practicing my Chinese with this woman.. she had the nicest smile, and was flattered when I asked to take her picture, but each time I put the camera up, she lost her ear-to-ear grin. The best part of my day was her smile when I told her she was pretty... I think the local people find me amusing when I hang out and chat with them :) Then she told me to come back and she'd offer me her best 'friend prices!' Can't beat that!

1 comment:

Charity said...

Oh.My.Goodness!! I want to go there! I love that stuff! And that kids tricycle would be an awesome photography prop! Okay...enough exclaming!!

And don't let me forget that that child in the stroller was so cute! Is that the "norm" for strollers around there?