Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thankful...

After my previous rant on my frustration with workers around here... I wanted to express my thanks (although she can't read English.. or speak it for that matter!) to Yang! She is one of the hardest workers we know, and thankfully my Ayi! Ayi in China literally means Auntie.. and is the common term for housekeeper/nanny. Yang Ayi works hard to help keep our house clean and in order and most importantly she's WONDERFUL when I need a helping hand with Olivia! For anyone reading this thinking that I'm totally spoiled - I am :) BUT - I'd invite you to come on over to China and take a peek at the TINEST washing machine in the WORLD, and also enjoy what I like to call the Daily Dust/soot/pollution that blows in through the poorly sealed windows and doors in our house :) I do have to admit though - I might try and smuggle Yang with us when we move back stateside - oh how I dream!!

Today, Olivia and Violet (her purple puppy) took a few minutes to say Hi to Yang..
Olivia wanted to help 'carry' some laundry!

After such hard work, Olivia enjoyed some afternoon tea...
And, last but not least, here is Little Miss wearing the blue sweater that Yang Ayi knit for her while we were in the US for Christmas! A tiny bit big, but such a sweet gift :)

No comments: