Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Skipped A Week!

No major stories!  So here are some random (TOTALLY random) things:

- - Ordering Dinner:  The other night we were ordering dinner from a Thai restaurant.  The girl who answered the phone was a very sweet Chinese girl who spoke pretty good English.  It's always amusing to call and order food (typically Thai or Indian food) speaking to a native Chinese speaker.  My pronunciation of Thai cuisine is far from correct... you can imagine how interesting the conversational mix of English and Chinese is.  Long story short - I wanted to order the "Snow Peas with Basil and Shrimp" but it's normally a very spicy dish.  I asked for "No Spicy."  The girl had a difficult time understanding - so she said "Yes, Please hold - I will ask the chicken.."  (girl giggling)  "Oh sorry.. sorry.. I mean, I ask the kitchen."  I LOVED IT..

- - Heidi had her second Dr. appointment.  The baby is only the size of a PLUM and on the ultrasound you can see so many many details!  Even the nose!  Amazing Miracle!  I've been busy helping her brainstorm design ideas for the nursery and learn baby-related Chinese terms :)
If anyone has any suggestions on a good infant stroller/car seat, please pass along the info!!  The items here are limited.. Also - I'm trying to help research info regarding what types of baby seats an airline will allow on an international flight!  

- - Justin and I are considering a trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia!  Don't have all the details lined out yet, but I'm researching that as well!  We're going to try and fit that in before coming back to the US in May.

- - We have these horrible bug/moth things in our apartment!  Justin gets to smash most of them.. basically because going near them really grosses me out.  He thinks I should call the service center to come spray, but I'm fearful that whatever they spray might not be safe for us to be living in here!  (My mom tells a story about when I was little -- apparently I refused to go outdoors for several weeks because I didn't like the bugs..  Yep, I bet that was true!!)  I did get a sample of a few of the pests in a ziplock and I plan on doing some investigating on how to get rid of them!

- - I still haven't driven yet, but just having my license makes me really miss having a personal car!!

No comments: