Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Top Ten List

... Favorite Things about Shanghai in June...
10.  Hot Muggy Weather - makes for wonderful hair-do's!
9.  Beautiful flowers and well maintained shrubs ...  in the city you learn to notice these things!
8.  The aromas that grow stronger and stronger with the higher temperatures..
7.  Hoping that the smell is  'stinky tofu' rather than 'stinky poopoo'
6.  Mosquitos - no lie, at this moment, I have 28 bites between my toes and knees!!!
5.  Pedicures!  I even have a flower design on my big toe!!  (Had to have some distraction from all the mosquito bites!!)
4.   Beautiful evenings and dinners on outdoor patios!
3.  I've been here 3 months and a few days ago at dinner (at an American restaurant) I thought "chopsticks would be much easier" as I was digging onions out of a burrito with a fork!!
2.  Looking forward to a trip home to see family and friends in July!
1.  Being involved in a non-profit orphan care organization!! 

No comments: